Krytox Grade 2 lubricant
For years this has been my go to lubricant for linear switches. Having the same viscosity as 105 oil and Krytox grade 0, a little goes a long way and I find the consistency of grade 2 to yield the longest, most consistent and homogeneous results of any other lube. A little goes a long way here, the key is to not overdo it, or like with any lubricant, you may find yourself with a sluggish feeling switch. Included are what I feel the perfect applicators as they are small enough to fit in the small places where it counts. You dont want to see white globs of lube, just saturated the tip of the applicator and roll the excess off of the end before applying. Lubricant should be evenly distributed across the various components with a light layer. Apply as you see fit, if you like to 'feel the lube' then you can go a little heavier, but less is more here for great feeling and sounding switches.
- Each container contains 5 grams of lubricant, enough to do hundreds of switches if applied correctly.
- 4 applicators are included in various colors in the event you are using other lube like dielectric grease and dont want to mix the brushes
- Maximum of 3 per person
- Will ship when SoHo switches start shipping.
- Please do not message me asking me to combine orders, the time it takes costs production time and the shipping on this is minimal. If ordered separately, this will ship as soon as they are finished being packaged, please allow around 3 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I track my orders progress? Unfortunately at this time I do not have the ability to track a specific order outside of an estimated time frame based on your order date, order number and material availability. With hundreds of keyboards in queue, and orders made in batches, its almost impossible to predict a specific orders shipping date. The nature of my work is dynamic, whether it be machine maintenance, delayed component or supply orders, or random acts of God. If you have any questions about your order, please email me at email@example.com, please include your order number for reference to help expedite service. In most cases I can estimate a rough timeframe for delivery, and other circumstances when you need an order by a specific date, we can work with you. Please contact us.
- If I want different color plates, why do I have to pay for them separately rather than just including them as part of original case purchase? There are a few reasons for this. The complexity of orders all having different plate color options would be nearly impossible to manage. When cases are produced, they are made in batches. Raw acrylic comes in large single color sheets. If I have 50 frosted cases to make, each case is made as part of a larger batch of the same color. Individual layers in different colors likewise are produced in smaller batches. My process for cutting cases is unique to me, its how I am able to make sure cases line up properly and dont suffer from the typical mismatching of layers and offsets that are often seen with acrylic cases. This is done in the name of production speed, as it would be extremely slow having to cut cases in smaller batches or even single cases at a time to facilitate the hundreds of possible color combinations. As a result, plates are sold as add ons in optional colors and materials.
- If I purchase a case, does it come with a switch plate? Yes! All cases come with a switch plate, in most circumstances its made in the same material as the color you choose. Some cases may include different color switch plates/base plates, and this information will be on the listing. If you order a case with metal plate, this will be in place of the normal case switch plate.
- I need to cancel my order, how do I do this? Switch Couture does not accept cancellations under any circumstances. When you place an order, this sets in motion a series of events that are neccessary to make your product a reality. Once work has begun, cancelling would invariably create more problems than the original order is worth, if you are unsure about whether you will follow through with your commitment after purchasing, please do not place an order, if you have any questions or are unsure about something, please contact me first so we can discuss your needs.
- Im having trouble with my pcb, can I get a replacement? In order for a pcb to be eligible for replacement, the pcb must be in the exact condition it was sent. This means that if you solder the pcb, it is not eligible for replacement. ALWAYS test your pcb and each key prior to soldering, this will ensure that the pcb is functioning and in good working order. Its extremely rare that a pcb will simply malfunction, and almost always is the result of soldering incorrectly, programming incorrectly, or using a cable that is not compatible. Switch Couture guarantees all components to be in good working order and free from defects. (acrylic may have some very minor blemishes from the manufacturing process but this is to be expected). In the event your pcb needs to be replaced, you will need to send the pcb back in order for us to send a replacement.
If you have any other questions, please submit them. firstname.lastname@example.org